Mazda Vehicle Technician
Hodgson Motor Group is the multi award winning dealership group located in Newcastle and Gateshead.
We’ve been supplying vehicles from Mazda Toyota and Suzuki since 1959.
We are not looking for a 'just a job' employee, we want a 'Team Player' who works positively together with everyone to get the job done the best way possible.
Provide a technical and diagnostic service within the service department. Ensure customer satisfaction in the service and repair of motor vehicles of all types in a safe, economical manner. Utilise modern diagnostic equipment to maximum effecting vehicle service and to interpret findings.
NVQ Level 3 – Motor Vehicle Technician is required
Duties and responsibilities
- Understand the information provided on the job card.
- Accomplish servicing of electronic equipment as required.
- Carry out fault diagnosis to aid speed and servicing.
- Ensure diagnostic equipment is used in agreed percentage of vehicle examinations.
- Attain manufacturers servicing times within agreed limits.
- Indicate possible future vehicle faults and servicing requirements.
- Note and report all components, materials and consumables used.
- Ensure faults are accurately diagnosed to customers satisfaction.
- Protect customers vehicles with covers and dust sheets and safeguard their contents.
- Ensure vehicles are thoroughly examined and report on general condition of vehicles with emphases on customer safety.
- Ensure all work carried out is to MOT and manufacturers safety standards.
- Ensure maximum use of servicing knowledge and skill to achieve effective and safe service.
- Interpret and implement technical service instruction data.
- Recover damaged or defective vehicles as and when necessary.
- Keep work area clean and tidy
- Keep all company tools and plant clean and in good order.
- Maintain effective liaison with Workshop Controller.
- Ensure all instructions to others are clear and understood.
- Be prepared to make suggestions and give advice.
- To carry out any other duties requested by your manager.